The Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences (SLHS), University of Colorado, Boulder, invites applications for an assistant professor tenure-track faculty position in either (Audiology Focus): Language, speech perception, cognition or related aspects in hearing loss OR (SLP Focus): Acquired language/cognitive disorders.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
The SLHS department includes highly ranked, CAA accredited clinical graduate programs in SLP and Audiology and offers B.A., M.A., AuD, and Ph.D. degrees. The successful candidate will benefit from SLHS’s thriving and dynamic ties with other offerings on the Boulder campus such as the Institute of Cognitive Science, the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, the Intermountain Neuroimaging Consortium, the Institute of Behavioral Genetics, the Department of Linguistics, and offerings on the Anschutz campus of the University of Colorado at Anschutz Medical Center.
See more about SLHS’s commitment to diversity and inclusion here. https://www.colorado.edu/slhs/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
- The successful candidate will be expected to have an active and independent research program resulting in publication in high quality journals and evidence of success in extra-mural research funding.
- Candidates are asked to maintain their vigorous research program and have enthusiasm for undergraduate and graduate teaching.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach and mentor students in the department’s clinical Master’s SLP program/AUD/ undergraduate and Ph.D. programs and participate in service.
- This is an in-person faculty position with in-person teaching, research and service required.
- As part of the University of Colorado Boulder’s deep commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, the campus has implemented a reference check program with respect to final candidates for tenured faculty appointments. The reference check program is intended to allow CU Boulder to collect and review information about a candidate’s conduct at their previous institutions, specifically conduct related to sexual misconduct, harassment, and/or discrimination before making hiring decisions. All final candidates for tenured faculty appointments are required to complete an Authorization to Release Information.
- The salary range for this full-time position is $85,000-$90,000 annually.
- The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Doctoral degree in Speech, Language and Hearing sciences or related fields.
- Applications from ABD candidates will be considered, however, the doctoral degree is required at the position start date.
Full consideration will be given to applications who apply by January 15, 2024. However, the position will remain posted until filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
For more information and to apply please go to: CU Boulder Tenure Track Position
If you have questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org