Nevada State College (NSC) appreciates your interest in employment. To ensure your application process runs smoothly, we ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- The required documents are listed below on the posting. Your application may not be considered if you do not attach the required documents.
- Draft applications are saved automatically and can be accessed through your candidate home account. Completed applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- Please note, recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources department at (702) 992-2320 or email@example.com.
Nevada State College (NSC) invites applications for a 9-month Assistant Professor of Speech Language Pathology starting Fall of 2023. This tenure-track position includes graduate and undergraduate teaching in your area of expertise and some clinical supervision. Preferred candidates should have teaching specialties in the areas of either fluency, speech-sound disorders, speech and hearing science, or child language.
About Speech-Language Pathology at NSC:
Our School of Education (SOE) is an exciting place to be. More than 1,200 undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and graduate students are pursuing licensure programs in elementary, special, & secondary education, and speech-language pathology. As of Fall of 2021, the School of Education has moved into a brand new building on the Henderson campus, which includes a speech-language pathology clinic and an early childhood education center. The speech-language pathology program also has an off-site Scottish Rite Care clinic for young children (located in downtown Las Vegas).
The Speech-Language Pathology program in the School of Education, is the first graduate program on the campus as of Fall 2019. We anticipate more graduate program in the coming years. Note that the M.Ed. in Speech -Language Pathology was awarded Candidacy for Accreditation by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard. #310, Rockville, MD 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700. Candidacy accreditation cycle is: July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2024. We are in the process of applying for full accreditation for 2023.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Nevada State College, a four-year Minority Serving public institution with a statewide mission, is dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning and committed to the advancement of a diverse and largely under-served student population. Designated a Hispanic Serving (HSI) and Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Institution (AANAPI), NSC is a college where teaching and student support are valued above all else.
A majority of our students are first generation, racial/ethnic minorities, parents, and/or returning students, of which 45% are Hispanic, 14% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 9% are Black/African American, 24% are White, and 9% are multiracial.
We celebrate the storied backgrounds of our campus community. We operate with a shared commitment to represent and serve the diverse population of Nevada and to encourage the exchange of ideas that respects and honors the lived experiences of our students, staff, and faculty. We foster a culture of inclusive excellence so our members can live authentically, fully engage, and flourish. In order to strengthen the college and progress its mission, the college dedicates itself to intentional and ongoing reflection to meeting the evolving needs of NSC, the surrounding communities, and the State of Nevada.
We seek applicants who are passionate about working with this promising student population and collaborating with faculty and staff across departments to make a lasting impact in developing our institution and our community.
We encourage you to highlight your background in fostering an inclusive campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education.
- Teach speech language pathology courses to graduate and undergraduate students
- Undergraduate and/or graduate clinical supervision of clinical practicums either on NSC campus or at RiteCare Clinic, as part of course load.
- Academic advising and mentoring (starts 2nd year).
- Collaborate with NSC colleagues, the local school district, and partner institutions to effectively prepare speech language pathologists to work in the community.
- Participate in service within the School of Education, Nevada State College, and Community.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D preferred; (SLP-D considered) in Speech Language Pathology, Communication Sciences or a closely related field.
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence from ASHA.
- Capability of obtaining Nevada license to practice Speech Language Pathology by start of position.
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship (NSC does not sponsor employment-related visas).
Please note: Applicants must meet the posted minimum qualifications at the time of application in order to be considered for the position.
- Background in teaching graduate and undergraduate speech pathology courses.
- Experience with clinical supervision of at least 2 years.
- Experience working with diverse, first generation and non-traditional students.
- Interested in working with a developing team in an area of expertise.
Rank, Salary & Benefits:
Tenure track. 9 month. Budgeted salary for this position is $78,000. Nevada State College offers excellent benefits, including 15.50% retirement match, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and three health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts.
This Posting is Open Until Filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
Special Instructions for Internal NSHE Applicants
NSC employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE, UNLV, UNR, NSC, CSN, TMCC, WNC, GBC, or DRI) MUST use the “Find Jobs” process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at NSC and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type “Find Jobs” in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Full-Time Equivalent: 100.0%
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment(s) viewable to you will be the attachment(s) to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment(s) to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment(s) will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact the candidate helpdesk at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please upload the following documents:
- Detailed CV or resume listing relevant qualifications and experience;
- Letter of interest indicating why you are a good fit for the position and Nevada State College;
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy;
- Names and contact information of three references, at least one of whom can speak to your teaching ability (you will be notified before references are contacted).
The search committee may ask for more materials at later stages in the application process.
Throughout your application materials, we encourage you to highlight your background in fostering an inclusive campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education.
Applications that do not include the required uploaded documents may not be considered.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Nevada State College does not currently sponsor Visas, all applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Nevada State College
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/3565724
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.